Friday, May 17, 2019

When things happen...

     Have you been through this...you wait and wait for something to happen, and when it does, it happens fast!  That's how this week has been for me.

     I have shared how God led my husband and me from South Dakota to New Mexico last fall.  My first job was at a very unusual preschool with philosophies I disagreed with.  I had shared about it last fall in some blog posts about being live in the fiery furnace.  It was a time of intense spiritual warfare, and God delivered me without my getting fired.  The day after I resigned, unsure of what to do, God opened a door for me to teach 5th grade at a wonderful Christian school here in town.  It was a dream come true, and also God's impeccable timing!  I have loved every minute of it.  Two of my students have come to Christ (the rest shared that they were already believers).  I have seen tremendous spiritual victories that have brought joy to my heart.  I have been so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord here.
Our class with the third grade class on a field trip to work a farm!

     In March, I found out that this school's accreditation does not recognize my college degree (long, boring story behind that), and so they were unable to hire me for another school year (I was told that they had my contract for next year all printed out and ready before they found this out).  I was really disappointed, and wasn't sure what God had in store...
Image result for disappointed
     As the weeks went on, my days were still filled with working at this wonderful Christian school, in this dream job that has blessed my life in countless ways.  My husband is doing his Master's degree online, and has been working on finding a job himself, preferably ministry-related.  We prayed daily and nightly about this.  In the past, I have been the type of person who diligently applied and put out resumes until I got hired.  I also seem to "land on my feet" and have never had a gap in employment since I entered the workforce in 1999 (age 17).  However, this time around, God really didn't lead me to apply en masse even though this would have been my inclination.  One Christian preschool that I had applied at last fall came to mind, and I contacted them, asking about an opening.  They sent me the application, which I filled out and returned to them in person.  I didn't hear anything.  Time went on.  I still didn't feel God leading me to apply at other places, or even to call and follow up on this Christian preschool.
Image result for applicationsImage result for telephone

     My husband is so calm and faithful.  He trust God no matter what.  I get antsy about things, and Walter always brings me back down to earth.  On Tuesday night of this week, I was really concerned about our future (the schoolyear at this Christian school ends next week, and our savings will only help us a few months).  Walter again prayed with me.  We prayed that if I was supposed to have a job, that this Christian preschool I had applied for some weeks ago would get back to me.
Walter and Janelle

     About twelve hours later (Wednesday morning), I received an email from this preschool.  They invited me in for an interview the next day (Thursday).  I went in, and I have to say it was the longest and best interview of my life.  I have worked in Christian places before, but never in a place that cared so deeply about my personal relationship with the Lord.  They wanted to know my salvation experience in detail, and about my Christian walk over the years.  Then the pastor of the church that the preschool is under interviewed me as well, to share the church/daycare's vision for this ministry and find out about mine.  I felt like I was talking with best friends I had never met before!  These people are the genuine article.  After talking with the pastor, I was sent back to the preschool director, who shook my hand and said I'm hired!  I start Friday the 24th!  The day after this school ends.  On top of that, my current job still pays me through May 31st, so I'll get a final check from them in June.  God is so faithful!

Heights Christian Church and Day Care.  The name is even significant to be, because my childhood church was called Corona Heights Baptist Church.  The name of this one being similar kind of spoke to me.

     I am excited about how God has been working things out!  I'm also so thankful for this job that I've had most of the 2018-19 school year!  I have loved it!  I love everyone here, and leave with a great relationship with them all.  I pray God's best for them as they move on to what God has for them.

     God is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment