Friday, August 3, 2018

Best Summer

     Last night was quite bittersweet as I dropped two high school girls off at their houses.  It had been an incredible summer of serving the Lord with these two, as well as the other summer missionaries I was in charge of.  Together, we did 5-day Bible clubs, open air evangelism, VBS's and fair ministry.  It has been an intense two months, and I've loved just about every minute of it.
     Many children in northwest Iowa heard the gospel of Christ this summer, with several putting their faith in Christ.  These are spiritual victories.  I also saw God have victory in all our lives as we served.
     It has been a blast serving with Child Evangelism Fellowship of Iowa.  I will greatly miss this ministry as Walter and I leave the Midwest and head to New Mexico.  I almost feel like God spoiled me this summer by letting me do what I love!
     Some truly memorable moments from this summer include:
   1) Running across Jericho Hills Bible Camp in the middle of a thunderstorm with my friend Wendy, lightning striking all around us!  I was praying...Wendy was laughing!
  2)  Trying to witness in Spanish to someone who ended up being Hawaiian!  Oops!
  3) A really fun practical joke my husband and I played on my summer missionaries.  They hadn't yet met him, so he "by chance" ran into us at Burger King.  He pretended to be a non-Christian and asked them questions to test their witnessing ability.  Then, in the middle of it, I went up and kissed him!  The teen's mouths dropped open.  I told them, "This is my husband.  He's already a Christian."  One boy said, "Why you little..."  They didn't stay mad, because we got them ice cream!
     Below are pictures from our ministry.

























No comments:

Post a Comment